Indoor running on the Athletic Centre’s 200-metre indoor Mondo® track.
- Please note: participants using the centre courts cross the track . Please be attentive and avoid collisions.
From mid-October to December, the Varsity Blues track team practices on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 6 - 8 p.m. During these times, the team has exclusive use of the track.
- From mid-October to April Lane 1 is closed Mondays from 5 - 6 p.m
- From January to April, the Varsity Blues track team practices on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 6 - 8 p.m. and Wednesdays between 7 - 9 p.m. During these times, the team has exclusive use of the track.
Outdoor running (seasonal) on Varsity Centre’s 400-metre, eight-lane track Mondays to Fridays, 7am - 4pm September 3 onward, weather permitting.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- KPE Staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
- Acceptable track spikes: 6mm pyramids / cones.
Athletic Centre – Indoor Track
- Track lanes 1, 2 and 3 are for walking and jogging.
- Track lanes 4 and 5 are for speed training.
- For the safety of all, the use of personal music players with headphones/ear buds is not permitted while running on the track at peak times (Monday - Thursday 4 - 9 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.).
- The track is busy with competitive athletes training at this time; runners are advised to move out of the way when they hear the word "track".
- 5 laps = 1 km, 8 laps = 1 mile.
Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities and Varsity Centre Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Athletic Centre, (AC) 55 Harbord Street
Varsity Centre, 299 Bloor Street West *Enter off of Pavilion
Outdoor running at Varsity Centre will not be available for the following dates:
*none at this time