The Athletic Centre is located on the west side of the University of Toronto’s St. George campus at 55 Harbord St.
- Access to the Athletic Centre for Sport and Rec participants will be through the Classic Ave. and Harbord St. entrances as of Tues Sept 7
summer (starting july 26, 2021)
Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. (access permitted for registered individuals with appointments only)
If you need to contact the Main Office, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-978-3436 x 0 to speak to a member services representative.
Fall (starting September 7, 2021)
Monday - Friday: 7am - 11 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9 am -5 pm
The Main office will be open during these hours and if you need to contact the Main Office, please email us at email@example.com or call 416-978-3436 x 0 to speak to a member services representative.
Entrances to buildings have been modified to control access according to City of Toronto public health. As of Tues September 7, access to the Athletic Centre for Sport and Rec participants will be through the Classic Avenue entrance and Harbord Street entrance.
Registered program participants are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their program.
Be mindful of your scheduled time in the facility. Please ensure you enter and leave the facility within your allotted time to allow our staff to sanitize between usage periods for all users. Your allotted time includes time at your programmed activity and prompt use of showers and changerooms.
Propping outside doors open to facilitate unauthorized entry jeopardizes the security of the facility and will result in suspension of membership privileges. All registered Sport & Rec program participants must check in with staff at the Classic Avenue entrance to the facility.
The Athletic Centre is home to seven gymnasia, three pools, a strength and conditioning centre, indoor track, dance studio, cardio machines, tennis and squash courts, and steam rooms. Please note that starting July 26, 2021, the Athletic Centre is re-opening with limited services and not all spaces will be available for use. Learn more
Gyms and courts
- Sports gym
- Upper gym
- Lower gym
- Field house: strength & cardio equipment, courts 1- 4, indoor track.
- Strength and conditioning centre
- Squash and Table Tennis courts
- Varsity pool (50m) – Eight-lane, Olympic-sized 50-metre pool with an adjacent teaching pool
- Benson pool (25yd) – Six-lane, 25-yard pool
Multi-purpose and fitness facilities
lockers, Change Rooms and Washrooms
As of August 2, 2021:
- Day lockers will be available for use for registered program participants.
- Registered program participants may access changerooms within their registered time in the facility. Program participants are encouraged not to linger and to please use time efficiently in the changeroom to reduce amount of users in the space at a time and to allow Sport & Rec staff sufficient time to sanitize between program time slots.
- Showers are available to registered Sport & Rec participants only.
Change rooms are located in the basement. There are large accessible men’s and women’s change rooms with private cubicles for changing and showering as well as open areas. Privacy/family change rooms are also located in the basement and have two private change rooms for changing, open showers (bathing attire required) and two single user washrooms nearby. There is a small cubicle for changing outside the 25-yard pool and two single user washrooms located inside the pool area that can be used when the pool is open.
Additional single user washrooms are located by the Strength and Conditioning Centre, the Dance Studio and the Fencing Salle.
Parking and bike racks
Metered, street parking is available around the periphery of the Athletic Centre. There is also an underground parking lot across the street at Graduate House, 60 Harbord Street. This parking lot can be accessed by traveling north on Spadina Ave. or east on Glen Morris Ave. Bike racks are available in front of the Athletic Centre on Harbord St. and behind on Classic Ave.