Update: June 27, 2022
In accordance with the University of Toronto, masks are no longer required as of July 1, 2022, subject to any changes in public health guidance.
Some members of our community may choose to continue to wear a mask after July 1. We ask everyone to respect each other’s decisions, comfort levels, and health needs.
Please note some or all of the COVID requirements may be reinstated on short notice in the event that public health guidance or recommendations change. For additional support and resources, please see the Utogether site.
GET ACTIVE WITH OUR SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMMING!
We strive to continue to provide exciting and safe opportunities to enhance your physical, mental and social well-being through sport and physical activity.
Sport & Rec is pleased to offer in-person programming where students and members can enjoy and participate in a wide range of sports and physical activity programming, including:
- Drop-in sports (time slot sign-ups still required for select sports and activities)
- Group fitness workouts
- Open gym (including women-only hours)
- Lane swimming (including women-only and trans-positive swim hours)
ACCESSING FACILITIES AND PROGRAMMING
A valid Tcard or membership card must be shown and scanned in order to gain access to our facilities and programming, along with compliance with our safety protocols below.
changing health measures
Please note some or all of the COVID requirements may be reinstated on short notice in the event that public health guidance or recommendations change.
Masks are no longer required as of July 1, 2022, subject to any changes in public health guidance.
Some members of our community may choose to continue to wear a mask after July 1. We ask everyone to respect each other’s decisions, comfort levels, and health needs. It is vitally important that, even with the easing of provincial measures, we remain vigilant, conscientious, and respectful of one another.
For additional support and resources, please see the Utogether site.
LOCKER, CHANGEROOMS, SHOWERS & TOWEL SERVICES
Storing personal belongings while on site: Personal belongings must be stored in lockers, both day lockers and locker rentals are available.
- The use of day lockers are available to all registered program participants, students and members. Please check with the specific facility web page for the latest information.
- Locker rentals are available for purchase in-person at the Athletic Centre and the Goldring Centre. Check our Membership plans page for more information about prices and terms.
Changerooms and showers are available for use by Sport & Rec participants and members at our facilities.
Towel service will not be available at this time. Participants are responsible for bringing their own towels.
Support with sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry
The David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic continues to offer services in keeping with current public health guidelines for physical distancing and other COVID-19 related safety protocols. Despite the lifting of the mandatory mask update, many hospitals and community clinics have elected to extend their masking mandate to ensure the safety of their patients, clients, and staff.
In order to protect our students and our staff, the David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic will continue to require masking at all times within our clinic spaces. This is aligned with the policies implemented by Health and Wellness at the University, the Ontario Hospital Association, and a number of Ontario acute care hospitals. The clinic will also continue to actively screening for symptoms at time of booking and on arrival.
Services are available to U of T students with a sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry. Appointments will be virtual or in-person at the discretion of the treating health care provider. Learn more about the clinic and safety protocols here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or 416-978-3436. Our customer service team will be available to answer your questions. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.
- For information about Memberships, please visit our Memberships page.
- For information about Rentals, please visit our Rentals page.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.
- Follow U of T Sport & Rec online and on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for important COVID-19 related program updates, as well as tips and resources to help you stay active.