COVID-19 protocols: Read our latest update.
REMINDER: All U of T students who have paid KPE athletic incidental fees are automatically members of the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre. This includes part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Access to KPE facilities for current U of T students will start September 1 2021.
Fall 2021 Memberships are now SOLD OUT!
As a result of high demand, our limited memberships are now sold out! In order to maintain capacity limits and ensure a positive, safe experience for everyone within our facilities, we have now capped our memberships. Please stay tuned for when more memberships will become available as capacity limits and safety protocols allow.
- For fall 2021, U of T Sport and Rec will be offering a limited number of 1-month membership and 4-month (semester) membership for U of T alumni, Staff and Faculty, and community members.
- This membership will be effective September 7 to December 31, 2021.
- Please note that day passes will not be available and memberships are required in order to use our facilities this fall.
|1 month term pricing||4-month (semester) term pricing*|
1st/2nd Yr Alumni, Students from Other Institutions, Seniors 65+
|$99.99 + HST||$209 + HST|
Alumni, Staff, Faculty and other U of T Affiliates
$99.99 + HST
$249 + HST
|$99.99 + HST||$339 + HST|
*total fee adjusted at a daily pro-rated fee.
Individuals 18 years or older with government issued photo ID.
1st & 2nd Year U of T Alumni
Those who have graduated from a U of T undergraduate or graduate program within the past 2 years. Individuals yet to graduate can present a recently dated letter on faculty or department letterhead confirming completion of requirements to graduate and expected date of convocation.
Students from Other Institutions
Students 18 years of age or older must present a student card with an issued date within one year or a valid future expiry date printed on the card from a Universities Canada member school or publicly funded university/college OR valid ISIC (International Student Identity Card) at the time of purchase.
U of T Alumni
U of T students who have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program or who have completed a minimum of 4 undergraduate credits or one year of graduate school. An Alumni card obtained from Robarts Library or a status inquiry completed by the AC or GC office is required.
U of T Staff and Faculty
Current appointed U of T staff and faculty.
U of T Staff Affiliate
Staff of the University Health Network, U of T Affiliated Teaching Hospitals, CAMH, Jane Goodall Institute, Royal Ontario Museum, and U of T Medical Residents are eligible for this discounted membership. Available in person only; recently dated valid Letter of Employment must be presented at time of purchase.
Post-docs must present a recently dated letter on faculty or department letterhead indicating post doctoral status. Offer or Acceptance of Employment letters are valid.
Available to those 18 years or older who live with a current member. Both individuals must provide proof of residency. We accept valid drivers licenses, recently dated utility bills, paper bank statements, and government issued mail. Both the member and co-resident must be present at time of purchase.
Photo ID must be presented with birth date on the card.
Please note that Joint Memberships will not be available. Day passes and pay as you go purchases will not be available in order to prioritize access and facility usage for U of T students and current members. Memberships are required in order to use our facilities and programs this fall.
How to Purchase your Membership
Memberships are now SOLD OUT for Fall 2021. Please check back for updates when additional memberships will be offered.
- Those who qualify for a discounted rate and/or are unable to purchase the membership online can reach out to the Customer Experience team via phone at 416-978-3436 and email at email@example.com.
- Please pick up your membership card at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre, or Varsity Centre.
What Membership Gives you Access to:
A membership will allow members to register and access indoor and outdoor programs offered at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre.
- Please be aware that we will be offering reduced program offerings, activity times and capacity limits compared to previous years due to COVID-19 restrictions. Depending on the demand of certain activities like swimming and group fitness workouts, there may be limited space available for members to register for.
- Please note that all activities require registration ahead of time to secure your spot and enable us to manage capacity limits for your safety in order to guarantee a stress-free and safe workout space in line with COVID safety measures.
Students and members will be required to scan their Tcard/membership cards when accessing our facilities. Only membership cards can be printed at the Main Office at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre, or Varsity Centre.
Learn more about our programs at uoft.me/sportandrec.
Locations: Athletic Centre (AC), Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport (GC), Varsity Track (VT), Varsity Arena (VA), Varsity Dome (VD) Back Campus Fields (BC), Robert Street Fields (RS)
AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER
(as capacity limits allow)
COMING SOON THIS FALL
(as COVID-19 restrictions allow)
|Drop-in Group Fitness Workouts||• Barre (AC, GC)
• Cardio Dance Party
• JOGA (GC)
• Vogue Dance (GC)
• Yoga (GC)
• Run Club (GC)
|• Big HIIT Takeover (AC)|
|Group Fitness Training Programs
(additional fee to register)
|• Big HIIT (AC)||• Squad Training|
|Open/independent Workout Time Slots||• Open gym (AC, GC)
• Cardio machines (AC)
• Squat racks and weights (AC)
• Lane swimming (AC)
Please note that the Benson Pool will not be available until October.
|Drop-in Field Sports||• Ultimate Frisbee (BC)
• Soccer (BC)
• Jogging (VT)
|Drop-in Target & Racquet Sports||
• Table Tennis
|Drop-in Indoor Sports||• Figure Skating (VA)
• Co-ed Skating (VA)
• Stick n’ Puck (VA)
Registered Adult Instruction
• Supervised Badminton (AC) - Starts October 6
• Fencing (AC) - Starts October 4
• Gymnastics (AC) - Starts October 4-5
• Parkour Gymnastics Basics (AC) - Starts October 4
• Trampoline (AC) - Starts October 4
• Learn to Skate (VA) - Starts October 5
• Squash (AC) - Starts October 5
• Tennis (AC) - Starts October 4
- U of T students, members, and guests with registered program time slots at the Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre have free use of full sized day lockers. Members and guests must supply own locks.
- Day lockers must be cleared before the facilities close. Day lockers with locks remaining will be cut, contents removed and a $28 fee must be paid to reclaim belongings.
- Please note that belongings are held for 30 days after which unclaimed items are donated to a local charity. The University and Faculty are not liable for lost, stolen, or unclaimed contents left in lockers.
The Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre offers locker rentals for an additional fee. U of T students and members may rent a half sized locker for the duration of their membership in-person at the desired facility. Members must supply own locks.
|1 month||$9.95 + HST|
|One-semester (September 7th to December 31 2021)||$29.99 + HST*|
*total fee adjusted at a daily pro-rated fee.
U of T students and members may withdraw their locker rental at any period for a pro-rated refund.
All rental lockers must be cleared by the expiry date. Rental lockers not cleared by the expiry date may result in locks cut, contents removed and a $28 fee must be paid to reclaim belongings.