About Varsity Centre
Proudly marking the north side of the St. George Campus on the bustling Bloor Street for over 100 years, Varsity Centre is home to Varsity Stadium, Arena, and the Pavilion. This historic facility hosts the Varsity Blues intercollegiate teams, but has also served as the primary location for various professional teams and international competitions. During the winter months, the field continues to be a hive of physical activity under the air-supported dome. The Varsity Centre is a multi-purpose facility used for academic learning, recreational workouts and activities, registered programs and instruction, child and youth programming, intramurals, and special events. The Varsity Centre is home to the following University of Toronto Varsity Blues intercollegiate sports: Football, Soccer, Hockey, Track and Field, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, and Figure Skating.
Varsity Centre & Pavilion Hours
|Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
Cards must be scanned to gain access
- TCards or Sport & Rec membership cards must be scanned at the turnstile to access our facilities. Cards are not transferrable. If you have have lost or forgotten your card, please visit our customer experience staff for assistance or visit our FAQs.
- Check here for the latest updates on our health and safety measures.
- Access to the Varsity Centre for Sport and Rec programming is via the Pavilion entrance off of Devonshire Pl.
- Registered program participants are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their program time slot.
- Be mindful of your scheduled time in the facility. Please ensure you enter and leave the facility within your allotted time to allow our staff to sanitize between usage periods for all users. Your allotted time includes time at your programmed activity and prompted use of showers and change rooms.
- Propping outside doors open to facilitate unauthorized entry jeopardizes the security of the facility and will result in suspension of membership privileges. All registered Sport & Rec program participants must check in with staff in the Pavilion.
- Entrance for all Varsity Blues home games is via the Bloor Street Gates. More information about ticketing and attending home games can be found here.
The Varsity Centre is home to a 400m outdoor track, sports field, skating arena, media gondola, and more. Please note that the Varsity Centre is open with limited services and not all spaces will be available for use: Read our latest update.
- Ice Rink - Adult-standard ice hockey rink with 4,000 wooden seats, which converts to a sport court in the summer
- Adam Zimmerman Conference Room - Hosts up to 40 guests
- Blue & White Room - Primarily hosts the Academic Support for Athletes Program (ASAP)
Team rooms 3 and 4 in the concourse under the stadium stands are used as the men’s and women’s change rooms for Varsity Centre. Varsity Centre has single user washrooms located in the Pavilion and at the south end of the outdoor concourse.
Metered, street parking is available along Devonshire Pl. There is also a Green P Municipal Parking lot at Bedford Rd. and Bloor St. W.
Bike racks are available under the pass at the Pavilion entrance off of Devonshire Pl.
The Varsity Centre is a short walking distance south of the St. George Subway Station (Bedford side).
Many spaces within the Varsity Centre is available for rentals, including the rink, field, court, conference rooms, and more. Visit our Rentals page for more details and pricing. U of T student clubs and groups are able to book facility space here.
Contact us at 416-978-3436 and press "0" to speak with a customer experience representative or email us at email@example.com.