Want to try something new but you don’t know where to start? We’ll teach you! Join us for the “Learn to Move” series, where our MoveU Crew and physical activity facilitators will take you on a tour of one of our facilities and lead you through an hour of activity - on the court, in the pool, or in the gym! Take a beginner level swimming class, learn a new sport, or get oriented with our weight lifting spaces. These sessions are geared towards the beginner level student looking to learn something new. This program is for U of T students only.
- Please note all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program registration page via links below for the most up to date schedule and available time slots.
This program requires registration to participate in the sport offerings, details below. Register at recreation.utoronto.ca. Registration is FREE for incidental fee-paying students enrolled in Fall/Winter courses at U of T.
Register at Recreation.utoronto.ca
Registration opens one week prior to each offering.
Key program information
Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport (100 Devonshire Place, Toronto) - Field House
Varsity Centre Arena (299 Bloor St. W) - Enter off of the Varsity Centre Pavilion
Back Campus Fields (20 Tower Rd.) - Outdoor in Fall, indoors in Winter
Students: Current students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
- View and register for our current offerings.
- Once registered, please meet our staff in Pink MoveU T-shirts in the main lobby of the facility at the program start time.
Winter schedule - runs January 15 to February 24.
No upcoming schedule adjustments.
- Sport equipment (e.g. basketballs, volleyballs, soccerballs, skates, etc.) will be provided.
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all indoor drop-in activity areas. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities. Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing
- Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities, the Kimel Family Field House Rights and Responsibilities, and/or the Varsity Centre Arena Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
On the ice (Skating):
- Participants must stay clear of the ice until the Zamboni doors are closed
- Participants must clear the ice at the end of scheduled time or as directed by arena monitor
- No food, drinks, or gum on the ice