COVID-19 protocols in place: Read our latest update.
Drop-In Tennis is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with a low impact and easy-to-pick-up sport.
You could break out a head-band and classic outfit, perfect the backhand and channel your inner Bouchard or Shapovolov. Or you can just try a new sport, get used to a racquet and bash the ball back and forth with a friend for fun!
Drop-In Tennis offers something for all interests and levels!
- No walk-ins available
- Covid Stage 3 Max Capacity = 4 participants/ session
- If want to play against specific partner, both players must register for the same time slot
- Please note: all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program registration page via links below for the most up to date schedule and available time slots.
This program now requires registration to participate, please sign up at: recreation.utoronto.ca. Registration is FREE for incidental fee-paying students enrolled in Fall courses at U of T.
VACCINATION & SCREENING REQUIRED
In line with recommendations from public health authorities, participants must be fully vaccinated – 2 doses +14 days - by September 22, 2021 and complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online and printed copies will also available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
Athletic Centre (55 Harbord, Toronto) - Field House 2,3
Students: Fall 2021 students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
- Register here!
- Please bring your own equipment, rental equipment is currently not available for Tennis
- Please be advised that you are enrolling to play tennis during a 45 minute slot where each court will be a 1x1 game
- Only those that have registered will be allowed into the facility and spots cannot be held for others
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to play against specific individuals
Schedule & Important Information
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted
- Cleats, socks or barefoot is not permitted on back campus field
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing