Drop-In Tennis is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with a low impact and easy-to-pick-up sport.
You could break out a head-band and classic outfit, perfect the backhand and channel your inner Bouchard or Shapovolov. Or you can just try a new sport, get used to a racquet and bash the ball back and forth with a friend for fun!
Drop-In Tennis offers something for all interests and levels!
- If want to play against specific partner, both players must register for the same time slot
- Please note: all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program registration page via links below for the most up to date schedule and available time slots.
This program now requires registration to participate, please sign up at: recreation.utoronto.ca. Registration is FREE for incidental fee-paying students at U of T.
NEW Tennis BOOKING PROCEDURE, EFFECTIVE MAY 2, 2022
Current U of T students and members may book tennis courts online at recreation.utoronto.ca. Court bookings are only available online. Court bookings are limited to two per 4-day window starting at 10:00 pm each day.
Athletic Centre (55 Harbord, Toronto) - Field House 2,3
Students: Current students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
Members: Anyone who has a current one- or four-month membership.
- Register here!
- You are encouraged to bring your own equipment, however a limited number of racquets and balls are available for rent at the Athletic Centre equipment counter for $2.00 + HST.
- Please be advised that you are enrolling to play tennis during a 55 minute slot, singles or doubles are allowed
- If you do not arrive by 10 minutes after your booking starts, the spot may be given away
Schedule & Important Information:
Upcoming adjustments to this drop-in schedule will be listed below:
- No drop-in Tennis from December 21-Jan 1 due to Field House painting
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted
- Cleats, socks or barefoot is not permitted on back campus field
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing