Booking Tennis & Badminton Courts
Current U of T students and members may book tennis courts online at recreation.utoronto.ca. Court bookings are only available online. Court bookings are limited to one per day starting at 48 hrs before each time slot for tennis and badminton. Participants may book only one court at a time.
Court Check-in Procedures
In addition to scanning your TCard or membership card to gain access to the facility, you must ask staff working at the main Athletic Centre turnstiles to check you in for your court booking. Please note that scanning your membership or TCard alone does not check you in for your court automatically. Please be on the court within 15 minutes of the start of your court booking time to be counted as present. Sport & Rec staff may ask to see your TCard or membership card during spot checks. Detailed instructions are available below.
If you have booked a court and can no longer attend your booking, please cancel it as far in advance as possible at recreation.utoronto.ca. Detailed instructions are available below. Please be considerate of others; cancelling your court bookings as far in advance as possible allows others to book and use the courts.
All members and students are required to check in for their court bookings at the Athletic Centre equipment counter (at the turnstiles) Please ask the staff working the counter to check you in on the computer for your court booking BEFORE scanning your card. They must press a button on the screen to check you in, it is not automatic!
Individuals who do not check in for their court will be counted as a no-show. Repeated “no-shows” may result in loss of booking privileges for a period of time. Continued non check-ins will result in longer suspension time periods.
If you have not shown up by 15 minutes past the start time of the booking you forfeit the court. Late arrivals are counted as no-shows.
You must be available on the court during your time slot, with your TCard or membership card. You may be asked to show it for spot checks.
Booking of courts for others is not permitted.
Members are asked to cancel their bookings (online or in person) in advance to allow others to book the courts. Courts cannot be cancelled after the start of the booking time.
If you want to book a court online follow these steps:
1. Go to recreation.utoronto.ca and click on the court reservation icon.
2. You will be asked to sign in: students, faculty and staff will use the long blue UTORID button to login. All community members, including alumni members, will need to create a new account for the new website. Accounts created in the previous system will no longer work.
3. From the menu on the left side of the screen - choose the type of court you would like to book: Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis, or Badminton. Ensure you are choosing the courts labeled as AC-Sport&Rec.
4. When the courts are available a clickable "Reserve" button will appear under a specific court number. Click on "Reserve" on the time and court you want to reserve.
5. Click the "Reserve Now" button that pops up. Your booking is complete and you will be sent an email confirmation to the email address on your account.
If you wish to cancel your court booking follow these steps:
1. While signed in to recreation.utoronto.ca click your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. In the drop down menu that appears choose "Profile".
3. Choose "Court Bookings" from the left hand menu.
4. Locate the booking you wish to cancel from the list and press the "Cancel" button.
5. Click on the "Remove Booking" button on the resulting pop-up.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Tennis racquets and balls are available for rent at the Athletic Centre equipment counter for $2.00 + HST.
Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Please note that while classes are in session there will be limited tennis availability, though we will endeavor to keep early morning slots available on weekdays and a Friday afternoon slot where possible.
The Athletic Centre reserves the right to cancel court bookings at any time. Typically, more court space is available in September, December, January, and April - June.