INFORMATION ON COVID-19 IMPACTS ON FACILITIES, PROGRAMS & SAFETY PROTOCOL: Read our latest update.
Outdoor running on Varsity Centre’s 400-metre, eight-lane track returns May 4 2022 - schedule below on page (sign-up is required for outdoor jogging at Varsity Centre)!
- Please note: all Drop-In schedules are subject to change.
Indoor track running:
- Please note: the indoor track available for use during the Athletic Centre Field House (55 Harbord) hours of operation - with some exceptions. Make you check the available times below, and on-site signage when you arrive. Watch out for runners on the track!
Field House Hours Spring/Summer 2022 (started May 2nd):
Mon–Fri: 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sat–Sun: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Indoor Track is not available for use during:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs: 5:50-8:10 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Mon & Wed Lanes 4 & 5: 1:00-4:00 p.m
Tues & Thurs: Lanes 5,6,7,8 North sprint straight 1:00-4:00 p.m
- Please enter through the Varsity Centre Pavilion (off Devonshire Pl.)
Athletic Centre (55 Harbord Ave.) - Field House
- Please enter through Classic St. Avenue entrance
Students: Current students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
Members: Anyone who has a current one- or four-month membership.
The Outdoor track will be unavailable for drop-in jogging on: June 16 7am-4pm, June 23 9:45-10:45am & June 24th 10:00-11:00am
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing
- Acceptable track spikes: 6 mm pyramids / cones
Athletic Centre – Indoor Track:
- Track lanes 1, 2 and 3 are for walking and jogging
- Track lanes 4 and 5 are for speed training
- For the safety of all, the use of personal music players with headphones/ear buds is not permitted while running on the track at peak times (Monday - Thursday 4 pm - 9 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 12 pm).
- The track is busy with competitive athletes training at this time; runners are advised to move out of the way when they hear the word "track"
- 5 laps = 1 km; 8 laps = 1 mile
- Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities and Varsity Centre Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs