INFORMATION ON COVID-19 IMPACTS ON FACILITIES, PROGRAMS & SAFETY PROTOCOL: Read our latest update.
A fast-paced and strategic game, Badminton is one of the most popular racquet drop-in offerings.
Bring your A-game (or your B and C game) for a fun and energetic outing!
- Doubles games now allowed. If you want to play against a specific partner, all players must register for the same time slot
- Please note all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program registration page via links below for the most up to date schedule and available time slots
This program now requires registration to participate, please sign up in advance to reserve your time slot. Registration is FREE for incidental fee-paying students enrolled in winter courses at U of T.
New Badminton booking procedure, effective may 2
Current U of T students and members may book tennis courts online at recreation.utoronto.ca. Court bookings are only available online. Court bookings are limited to two per 4-day window starting at 10:00 pm each day.
Athletic Centre (55 Harbord St., Toronto) - Upper Gym
Students: Current students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
Members: Anyone who has a current one- or four-month membership
Schedule & Important Information:
|7 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||7 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||7 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||7 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|9 a.m. - 4:50 p.m.||.|
|.||12:15 p.m. - 4:50 p.m|
|5:00 - 7:00 p.m.||6:00-9:00 p.m||5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||5:00 - 9:00 p.m.|
Upcoming adjustments to this drop-in schedule will be listed below:
- No drop-in Badmintonon Thursday June 9th & Friday, June 10th from 5-9:00 pm & Saturday, June 11 from 9-5pm.
- Participants are asked to wear comfortable and appropriate athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing
- Racquets and birdies will be available to use and can be requested from the facilitator in the Upper Gym.
- Racquets and birdies will still be available to rent for $2.00 + HST. To rent you must add the rental into your registration at recreation.utoronto.ca. You will not be able to add a rental once you have registered, so please plan in advance. If you end up cancelling your registration please see send an email to email@example.com to request a refund.
- Games are limited to a maximum of a 1 on 1 game (double games are now allowed)
- Only those registered will be allowed in the Upper Gym
- No playing between courts or on the sidelines
- Bags and backpacks may be brought upstairs and will be placed behind the court you are playing on
- Players should only enter the gym shortly before their scheduled booking
- Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs
If you want to book a court online follow these steps:
- Go to https://recreation.utoronto.ca/ and click on the court reservation icon.
- You will be asked to sign in: students, faculty and staff will use the long blue UTORID button to login. All community members, including alumni members, will need to create a new account for the new website. Accounts created in the previous system will no longer work.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen - choose the type of court you would like to book: Squash, Table TenniS. Ensure you are choosing the courts labeled as AC-Sport&Rec.
- When the courts are available a clickable "Reserve" button will appear under a specific court number. Click on "Reserve" on the time and court you want to reserve.
- Click the "Reserve Now" button that pops up.Your booking is complete and you will be sent an email confirmation to the email address on your account.
If you wish to cancel your court booking follow these steps:
- While signed in to https://recreation.utoronto.ca/ click your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop down menu that appears choose "Profile".
- Choose "Court Bookings" from the left hand menu.
- Locate the booking you wish to cancel from the list and press the "Cancel" button.
- Click on the "Remove Booking" button on the resulting pop-up.