Move better & build your confidence with a team!
IMPACT Proud is an exciting offering that is part of our IMPACT Training programs that will leave you feeling confident and strong! This detailed training program and personalized coaching experience is uniquely, specifically, and carefully designed for those who identify as trans, non-binary and two-spirit and is also led by members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. This program is open to all U of T students and Sport & Rec members. Read more about the benefits of IMPACT Training.
What can you expect at IMPACT Proud?
- Your training program starts with a community agreement so that you can be sure all your IMPACT Proud teammates have made a commitment to inclusion and belonging.
- We'll show you that you have everything it takes to confidently take up space in the gym and explore what your body can do. If you've never been to the gym, no sweat (pun intended), we will meet you each week and take you to the training space.
- You'll learn all the basics of training in a weight room and experience workouts that will help you progress safely and effectively.
- Classes are led by an expert coach in a small-group training environment (1:8 coach-to-participant ratio) so you can train in a supportive team atmosphere.
- This program is open to those of all levels and no previous experience is necessary. All equipment is provided.
Make an IMPACT. Be PROUD. Start TODAY.
Athletic Centre (55 Harbord St., Toronto) - Weightlifting Zone (WLZ)
Students: U of T students paying incidental fees for the current term can access this program at no additional fee.
Members: Anyone who has a current Sport & Rec membership can access this programming at no additional fee.
Current Programs Offered:
*Class sign-up required*
This program requires registration to participate, please sign up for a time slot in advance to reserve your spot in the drop down options below.
- IMPACT Proud - Pre-register for your spot (AC WLZ)
Schedule & Important Information:
WINTER 2024 - january 8 to april 28, 2024
1 session offered WEEKLY at the Athletic Centre WLZ
IMPACT Proud (No pass required)
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Upcoming adjustments to this group fitness schedule will be listed below:
Wed. Feb. 14 - IMPACT Proud at 5:30 p.m. in the AC WLZ is cancelled.
A full-body workout with a variety of training focuses, designed uniquely, specifically, and carefully for trans, non-binary, and Two-spirit people.
Involves detailed programming, personalized coaching, plus the comradery of a team!
Class registration for each session is required at recreation.utoronto.ca.
Each class will start with a friendly intro from the coach, including a community agreement, leading into a dynamic warmup.
In each session, you will perform 6-8 exercises using a variety of exercise equipment including barbells, squat racks, dumbbells, kettlebells, and more. You will build on your capacity to move well week by week. Coaches will be guiding you every step of the way.
Every class will finish with a cool down and closing greeting.
All members - U of T students paying incidental fees for the current term; Active Sport & Rec members.
All members who identify as trans, Two-spirit, and/or non-binary.
Can be adapted to be beginner friendly or more advanced.
Coaches are able to provide modifications for varying abilities.
All equipment will be provided, including barbells, dowels, weights, and more!
No special clothing is required. Wear something you can move comfortably in. Wear comfortable closed-toe and athletic shoes.
Max. 15 participants (AC Weight Lifting Zone)
Ratio: 1 to 8
Members are required to pre-register for the session here - Pre-register for your spot
To cancel your registration, please review the following steps:
- Log into your account on https://recreation.utoronto.ca/
- Near the top right of the page, click on your username/email address, select Profile, then Program Registrations.
- Click on the three dots next to the program you wish to cancel and select Cancel Registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email and receipt of your cancellation.
- If you are experiencing any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter 2024 Group Fitness Schedule:
Email us at email@example.com for additional information.