Who doesn't love to sharpen up the blades and carve some lines in the ice at the local rink?
Sports & Rec offers two co-ed options for ice skating - Drop-In Skate, Family Skate, and Figure Skating. You can find Stick n' Puck options here.
- Please note: all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program page via links below for the most up to date schedule. Arena programs are seasonal programs at Varsity Centre.
SIGN-UP no longer REQUIRED in Winter 2023!
Come and join us during scheduled program hours. There will be Sport & Rec program staff on site monitoring and managing capacity as needed, there are capacity maximums and if reached no further drop-in participants will be allowed to enter the arena. Space on the ice and skate rentals are limited.
drop-in Figure Skate
Drop-in Family Skate
Varsity Centre Arena (299 Bloor St. W)
- enter off of the Varsity Centre Pavilion
Students: Current students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
Members: Anyone who has a current one- or four-month membership.
Schedule & Important Information
No programming until Fall 2023
Upcoming adjustments to this drop-in schedule will be listed below:
- Please review the Varsity Centre Arena Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs
- Supervision by Physical Activity Facilitators
- There will be no skate rentals or sharpening during drop in Figure skating
- Ice will be flooded between sessions as needed
- Skate rentals and helmets are available for loan during drop in skating times for a fee of $3.00 +HST for U of T students and $5.00 +HST for non-U of T Students. Skate sharpening is available for a fee $5.00 + HST for UofT students and $8.00+HST for non-UofT students.
- We offer hockey skate rentals only
Come out for a leisure skate with your family!
- CSA-approved hockey helmets are mandatory for people 17 and under and strongly recommended for beginner adults.
- There are no child sized skates or helmets available for loan- they must be provided for each child
- Beginner skaters 17 and under and children 12 and under must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skate
- Current U of T students and Sport and Rec members can bring up to three children during family skate. Partners/spouses/guests must purchase a day pass
- Non-students/members with children can purchase a family pass (2 adults and maximum 4 children)
- There will be Sport & Rec program staff on site monitoring and managing capacity as needed, there are capacity maximums and if reached no further drop-in participants will be allowed to enter the arena.
- Space on the ice and skate rentals are limited.