Who doesn't love to sharpen up the blades and carve some lines in the ice at the local rink?
Sports & Rec offers two co-ed options for ice skating - Drop-In Skate & Figure Skating. You can find Stick n' Puck options here.
- Drop In Skate starts September 15!
- Figure Skate starts after Thanksgiving
- Covid Stage 3 Max Capacity = 15-30 participants/ session (depending on program)
- Please note: all Drop-In schedules are subject to change. Check the program registration page via links below for the most up to date schedule and available time slots.
This program now requires registration to participate, please sign up in advance to reserve your time slot. Registration is FREE for incidental fee-paying students enrolled in fall courses at U of T.
- Register here for Drop In Skate
- Register here for Figure Skate - sessions begin after Thanksgiving weekend!
VACCINATION & SCREENING REQUIRED
In line with recommendations from public health authorities, participants must be fully vaccinated – 2 doses +14 days - by September 22, 2021 and complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online and printed copies will also available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
- enter off of the Varsity Centre Pavilion
Students: Fall 2021 students paying incidental fees can access this programming at no additional cost.
Members: Anyone who has a Fall 2021 one- or four-month membership.
Schedule & Important Information
|10:15-11a.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)|
|11:15-noon (Drop In, VC Arena)|
|1:15-2p.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)|
|2:15-3p.m. ( Drop In, VC Arena)||5:15-6p.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)|
|3:15-4p.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)||6:15-7p.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)|
|7:15-8p.m. (Drop In, VC Arena)|
- Please review the Varsity Centre Arena Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs
- Supervision by Physical Activity Facilitators
- Skate Rental & Sharpening stations will be staffed
- Ice will be flooded between sessions as needed
- Skate rentals and helmets are available for loan during Stick 'n Puck times for a fee of $3.00 +HST for U of T students and $5.00 +HST for non-U of T Students. Skate sharpening is available for a fee $5.00 + HST for UofT students and $8.00+HST for non-UofT students.