ALL DROP IN SPORTS ARE CANCELLED EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Basketball: Come shoot some hoops and enjoy an informal game of basketball with our Physical Activity Facilitators.
Women-only Basketball: This program is open to women-identifying students and members to shoot hoops and learn new skills. Friendly staff are on-site to answer questions and provide instruction. Women-only times are available and indicated on the schedule below. Please note: These spaces will be held as women-only for the first 30 minutes. If there are no participants, or at the request of the women participants, at the 30 minute mark the spaces will continue as co-ed spaces.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes are not allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Basketballs are available for loan at the Athletic Centre Equipment Desk and 2nd floor Goldring Service Desk. A valid T-card or membership is required.
Drop in Basketball Rights & Responsibilities
- Follow the instructions of the Physical Activity Facilitators
- During peak times, a maximum of 35 players will be permitted on each court at a time
- Drop in basketball games will last 7 minutes, or 9 points, whichever comes first.
- The winning team remains on the court; the losing team goes back in the queue.
- The (offensive) player that is fouled calls the foul
- Wait on the bench or sidelines for your turn on the court
- Demonstrate fair play at all times
- Be inclusive of all who are waiting to play
- Treat all players, staff and the facility with respect
- Use appropriate language at all times
- Display appropriate identification upon request
Etiquette rules of the Athletic Centre or Goldring Centre Field House must be followed at all times. Failure to do so will result in immediate removal from the facility and possible suspension of membership privileges.
Athletic Centre, (AC) 55 Harbord St
FH 1 = Field House East side
FH 2 =Field House North side
FH 3 = Field House South side
FH 2/3 = Field House both north and south
FH 4 = Field House West side
SG = Sports Gym
Goldring Centre (GC) for High Performance Sport, 100 Devonshire Place
FH S = South Court
FH N = North Court