The Master of Professional Kinesiology (MPK) program is a full-time, 16-month program (August to December, inclusive) that offers a combination of classroom, case-based, laboratory and experiential education.
The MPK involves successful completion of 12.0 full-course equivalents (FCEs) as follows:
- Courses (equal to 10.5 FCE academic courses)
- 600 hours of professional practice (1.5 FCE)
The MPK degree program may be completed with a concentration or without a concentration.
Students must follow departmental application procedures and can apply to only one MPK concentration.
- Exercise as Medicine
- Health and Wellness
- High Performance Strength and Conditioning
- Adapted Physical Activity
Students must successfully complete a total of 3.0 FCEs in the area of concentration, including:
- A major course assignment in the area of concentration in a minimum of 1.5 FCEs in MPK courses
- A minimum of 300 placement hours in the area of concentration (0.5 FCE)
- A final capstone project in the area of concentration (1.0 FCE)
Find additional information on courses and requirements in the MPK Student Handbook.