Drop in jogging will resume outdoor on June 14, 2021
Outdoor running (seasonal) on Varsity Centre’s 400-metre, eight-lane track, weather permitting.
- Each session is 45 minutes in length, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your program time. Registration opens 2 days before the program.
- Please note: participants are asked to run on the inner lane unless passing someone at which point they are asked to moved to the outermost lane to maintain 3m of distance between people
This program now requires registration to participate, please sign up at: recreation.utoronto.ca.
In line with recommendations from public health authorities, participants must complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online and printed copies will also available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
Varsity Centre, 299 Bloor Street West. Please enter through the Varsity Centre Pavilion (off Devonshire Pl.)
*no programming on Thursday July 1 or Friday July 2
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- Sport & Rec staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
- Acceptable track spikes: 6 mm pyramids / cones.
Athletic Centre – Indoor Track
- Track lanes 1, 2 and 3 are for walking and jogging.
- Track lanes 4 and 5 are for speed training.
- For the safety of all, the use of personal music players with headphones/ear buds is not permitted while running on the track at peak times (Monday - Thursday 4 pm - 9 pm and Saturdays 9 am - 12 pm).
- The track is busy with competitive athletes training at this time; runners are advised to move out of the way when they hear the word "track".
- 5 laps = 1 km, 8 laps = 1 mile.
Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities and Varsity Centre Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Outdoor running at Varsity Centre will not be available for the following dates:
Thursday July 1, 2021
Friday July 2, 2021