Last updated: August 5, 2020
U of T Sport & Recreation is actively planning for the fall – and we look forward to welcoming our students and Sport & Rec members through our doors as soon as we are able to.
The safety of our community is a top priority and we are working carefully on a detailed re-entry plan that also includes new processes and guidelines developed to ensure the safety of our stakeholders.
As our re-entry plan must abide by the University’s legal and health & safety obligations, it requires approval from various teams throughout the University. At this time, we are awaiting approval to proceed with the re-entry plan.
All buildings operated by the Faculty are currently closed to the general public, students, staff and faculty. Deliveries are not being accepted. Rentals have been cancelled through to August 31, 2020.
Fall planning update
For the Fall 2020 term, we hope to offer a mix of virtual and in-person programs, with options that suit a range of interests and abilities. All programs will operate in compliance with public health guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specific program details will be posted and shared on our website and social media as soon as they are available.
We are committed to ensuring that we continue to provide an engaging and rewarding experience for our many diverse stakeholder groups. We appreciate your patience as we work to safely reopen our facilities to U of T and our surrounding communities.
Given the continued emergency measures in place across Ontario and the indefinite nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, U of T has cancelled fall term programming for;
- Varsity sport provincial and national competition and sanctioned events
- Sport & Rec clubs
- Most intramural sport programs
- Tri-campus league
At this time, this decision only applies to the fall term. The University will confirm the status of the winter season later in the fall.
Stay active and well with online resources
- Get moving with #UTRAIN: daily live and on-demand workouts that you can do wherever you are. Come sweat with us online!
- Keep the little ones active too! Try Junior Blues: Move & Groove, our weekly online physical activity sessions designed just for kids.
- Find inspiration for daily movement with MoveU Anywhere, a series of practical exercise videos that you can do in your own spaces.
Your locker contents are safe and will remain secured until after our buildings reopens.
- Members are invited to contact us to receive a pro-rated refund of membership fees. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payments for community members on the monthly payment plan were suspended as of April 1, 2020 and will remain so until further notice.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.