Updated: January 24, 2022
Sport & Rec welcomes the recent news from the province about the lifting of some pandemic-related restrictions, including the reopening of recreation spaces, gyms and pools at 50% capacity, starting January 31, 2022.
On Monday, January 31, Sport & Rec indoor and outdoor facilities will re-open to U of T students and Sport & Rec members for in-person sports and physical activity programming.
Visit our Sport & Rec page to learn more about available programming.
Sport & Rec is pleased to welcome our community back into our facilities starting January 31, 2022. We will resume in-person programming at 50% capacity and plan to increase programming, hours and facility access in a safe and phased approach in the coming weeks. We are planning for a full programming schedule to be offered starting February 21, pending the removal of provincial capacity restrictions.
All programs operate in compliance with the University of Toronto's protocols, as well as the Ontario government’s public health measures. Ongoing updates on available programs, facilities and safety protocols will be shared as they are available. Follow us on Instagram for the latest news and announcements.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to our facilities!
Get active with our sport and physical activity programming!
We strive to continue to provide exciting and safe opportunities to enhance your physical, mental and social well-being through sport and physical activity. Please review the safety protocols below and visit program pages for detailed information on access and schedules.
ACCESSING FACILITIES AND PROGRAMMING
U of T students and Sport & Rec members registered for official Sport & Rec activities may access our facilities. Memberships are required for members of the community to use our facilities and programs.
Individuals going to the Athletic Centre for Sport & Rec activity must enter through the Classic Ave. entrance.
A valid Tcard or membership card must be shown and scanned in order to gain access to our facilities and programming, along with compliance with our safety protocols below.
To ensure the safety of our participants and staff, please review and adhere to the following protocols for visits to our premises.
Vaccination & pre-screening requirement: In accordance with guidelines from public health authorities, participants must have the required vaccinations (2 doses +14 days) and complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. In order to enter our facilities, you must:
- Provide proof of vaccination: Present your enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code accompanied by valid government ID with every visit. If you need to register your COVID-19 Immunization Record for Outside of Ontario Vaccination, you can do so here.
- Complete daily health screenings: Complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before accessing facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online. Printed copies will also be available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
Masks and physical distancing: For the safety of yourself and others, please maintain 2 metres of distance. Face masks are required in all indoor spaces and when unable to maintain physical distancing.
Registration may be required to exercise in our facilities. For certain programs and activities, there may be a limited number of people that will be permitted. For such programs, participants must register for their time slot in advance and arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled time. Please check program pages for the latest directions regarding access.
Storing personal belongings while on site: Personal belongings must be stored in lockers, both day lockers and locker rentals are available. Participants are responsible for bringing their own towel (there will be no access to towels) and water bottle (there will be water refill stations).
Locker & Towel Services
- The use of day lockers will be available to all registered program participants, students and members. Please check with the specific facility web page for the latest information.
- Locker rentals will be available for purchase in-person at the Athletic Centre and the Goldring Centre. Check our Membership plans page for more information about prices and terms.
- Towel service will not be available at this time. Participants are responsible for bringing their own towels.
Changeroom & Shower Access
- Registered program participants may access changerooms within their time in the facility. Program participants are encouraged not to linger and to please use time efficiently in the changeroom to reduce the number of users in the space at a time and to allow Sport & Rec staff sufficient time to sanitize between program time slots.
- Showers are available for use by registered Sport & Rec participants at the Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre.
Support with sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry
The David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic continues to offer services in keeping with public health guidelines for physical distancing and other COVID-19 related safety protocols. Services are available to U of T students with a sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry. Appointments will be virtual or in-person at the discretion of the treating health care provider. Learn more about the clinic and safety protocols here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or 416-978-3436. Our customer service team will be available to answer your questions. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.
- For information about Memberships, please visit our Memberships page.
- For information about Rentals, please visit our Rentals page.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.
- Follow U of T Sport & Rec online and on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for important COVID-19 related program updates, as well as tips and resources to help you stay active.