Last updated: June 11, 2021
As of June 14, 2021, U of T Sport & Rec is pleased to welcome our community back into our outdoor facilities. All programs operate in compliance with the University of Toronto's protocols, as well as the Ontario government’s Roadmap to Reopen.
As part of Step 1, our outdoor facilities at Varsity Centre and Back Campus Fields will be re-opened for limited services available to Spring/Summer 2021 students paying incidental fees. Additional programming and spaces will be added in a stepped approach to scale up operations safely. Updates on available programs and facilities will be shared over coming weeks.
Follow us on Instagram to stay updated.
Get active and participate in our available programming!
We’ve made some changes to the way we operate in order to continue to provide exciting and safe opportunities to enhance your physical, mental and social well-being through sport and physical activity.
Visit our Sport & Rec page to learn more about available programming.
To ensure the safety of our participants and staff, we have introduced some new protocols for visits to our facilities:
- Registration will be required to exercise in our facilities. A limited number of people will be permitted in our spaces at a given time, in accordance with public health guidelines.
- Screening: All participants will be screened upon entry (see information below).
Masks and social distancing: For additional safety for all, please maintain 3 metres of distance and wear a mask at all times and when unable to maintain social distancing. Masks are not required while participating in athletic or fitness activities.
Storing personal belongings while on site: Personal belongings can be left at the perimeter of an activity space, 3m apart from the belongings of other participants. Participants are responsible for bringing your own towel (there will be no access to towels or showers) and water bottle (there will be water refill stations).
In keeping with recommendations from public health authorities, participants must complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online. Printed copies will also available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
Support with sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry
The David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic has re-commenced limited services in keeping with public health guidelines for physical distancing and other COVID-19 related safety protocols. Services are available to U of T students with a sport or exercise-related injury or inquiry. Appointments will remain virtual, while in-person visits will be offered at the discretion of the treating health care provider. The Clinic will look to expand service to the larger community in a stepped approach as soon as we are able. Learn more about the clinic and safety protocols here.
- For information about Memberships, please visit our Memberships page.
- For information about Rentals, please visit our Rentals page.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.
- Follow U of T Sport & Rec online, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for important COVID-19 related program updates, as well as tips and resources to help you stay active.
Should you have questions about Sport & Rec programs, our customer service staff are available to provide assistance via e-mail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.