Frequently Asked Questions

Please select a facility from our list of Buildings & Outdoor Complexes to view hours, upcoming holiday schedules and closures. KPE facilities are closed during all statutory holidays. 

Schedules for each program can be found by visiting the Sport & Recreation page. Please note building closures and cancellation dates prior to your arrival.

We do not provide temporary locks. Locks can be purchased at the Varsity Store inside the Athletic Centre and at the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport. 

We do not currently offer swim only memberships. Regular membership includes access to all drop-in sports and group fitness programs, lane and recreational swimming, strength and conditioning spaces, free family activities, court reservations for badminton, tennis, squash and table tennis, educational lectures and seminars, intramural leagues and registered instructional courses (fees for registered instruction vary depending on the program).

Discounted memberships are available to graduates from the University of Toronto or those who have completed at least 4 full undergraduate credits or 1 year of graduate school. An alumni card must be presented or a status check must be completed to obtain this type of membership. Discounted day passes are also available for U of T alumni for $13.27 + HST.

Non-student members have access to the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre. Membership does not include Hart House.

For lost membership cards, U of T students can purchase a replacement card at the TCard office. Non-student members can purchase their first replacement card for $9.74 + HST at the Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre. Additional replacement cards can be purchased for $19.47 + HST.  

U of T students and Sport and Rec members can enter the facilities 3 times without their card from May 1 - April 30.

Members can be added to the waiting list via or in person at the Athletic Centre or Goldring Centre. If a spot becomes available, you will be notified by email and will have 2 business days to complete the registration in person or online. Course registrations and wait listed spaces are non-transferable.

Full refunds are given upon cancellation of memberships within 10 business days of purchase.

All membership cancellation requests, including a reason for the request, must be received in writing to Refunds will be provided minus a $25 administrative fee. To request a pro-rated refund, valid medical documentation must be provided listing the date of illness or injury. 

Cancellation of monthly-deduction memberships must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the next billing period. A $25 administrative fee must be paid to cancel monthly payments. 

Please be advised that restricted or limited hours of operation for some parts of the facility may occur during exam periods, maintenance periods, and the holiday closures. While we endeavor to provide timely notifications, some unexpected service interruptions may occur. We do not provide refunds, membership extensions or hold.

Members with guests over the age of 18 may purchase a day pass for $13.27 + HST. This pass includes full day access to the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, and Varsity Centre Pavilion.

Guests not accompanied with current members can purchase a day pass for $18.58 + HST. This pass includes full day access to the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre Pavilion.

All members and guests must be over the age of 18 to access and use the facilities. Children may only enter the facilities during registered children's programs and scheduled Family Drop-in programs. 

We appreciate your feedback. If you have a recommendation, suggestion or complaint, you can complete our online feedback survey or fill out a feedback form in the Main Office at the Athletic Centre.

All feedback is directed to the appropriate manager and a response is issued and/or posted as soon as possible.


Contact us at 416-978-3436 and press "0" to speak with a membership services representative.