What is a registered instructional program?
U of T students and members can sign up for a variety of instruction-based classes such as gymnastics, swimming, tennis and more! Small class sizes and dedicated instructors make registered programs ideal for all skill levels and interests. Many beginner classes include equipment but rentals are also available.
Programs typically run on a weekly basis during a semester term (4-months). Classes are not held on statutory holidays, long weekends, or during reading weeks. Please refer to the hours of each facility for more information.
Learn and build your skills by registering for an instructional program here.
How to register
To register for and participate in instructional programs, individuals must be current U of T students who have paid the KPE athletic incidental fees or community members with an active membership. Memberships must be valid during the entire program period. Certification programs, including Standard First Aid & CPR-C, do not require an active membership to register.
Registering for a program
U of T students and members can sign up for programs online or in-person.
- ONLINE: Use the Sport & Recreation Online Portal at https://recreation.utoronto.ca/. Learn more about creating an account and using the online portal here.
- IN-PERSON: Visit our customer experience team at either the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, or Varsity Centre for assistance.
If a registered program is full, members may join the waitlist. Members who are on a waiting list and have been notified that a space has become available for themselves or their dependent can register in person at one of our customer experience locations or on the Sport & Recreation Online Portal if they have received a link via email. Please note that there is a 48-hour window to complete your registration.
Registration and Transfer Policies
For all adult registered instructional programs, members can register or transfer to another program offering before the start of the 2nd class. Once the registration period closes, registration and transfer requests cannot be completed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-978-3436 to make a transfer request.
Withdrawal and Refund Policies
- All program withdrawal requests, including a reason for the request, must be received in writing to email@example.com before the withdrawal deadlines (see below).
- Participants will be refunded the full amount less a cancellation fee of 10% or $5 - whichever is greater - for each withdrawn registration.
- Refunds are issued in-person or via phone at 416-978-3436. Learn more about the refund process here.
- Participants withdrawing for medical reasons will receive an exemption and be issued a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the program. A doctor’s note is required. Notes must be received within two weeks of the date of illness.