ALL DROP IN SPORTS ARE CANCELLED EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Drop-in Skating: Leisure skating for skaters of all abilities.
Drop-in Figure Skating: is for recreational figure skaters who wish to practice individual skating skills, freestyle and stroking elements. This time is not intended for beginner level skaters. Staff are on-site but instruction is not provided.
Please note that due to damage to the ice, skills that require picking the ice will not be allowed. For example, footwork jumps such as stag jumps, toe loops, flip and lutz jumps are not permitted. If ice quality cannot be maintained the drop-in figure skating times may be in jeopardy.
Family Skate: Come out for a leisure skate with your family! CSA-approved hockey helmets are mandatory for people 17 and under and strongly recommended for beginner adults. Family Skate is only available when it appears on the schedule. See below for more information.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities.
- Sport & Rec Staff have final say in determining appropriate clothing.
- Warm clothing, including long sleeve shirts, is highly recommended.
Skate rentals and helmets are available for loan during drop-in skating and Family Skate times. Sorry, we only have adult sized skates. Children must provide their own.
Skate Rentals: $3.00 + HST for U of T students and $5.00 +HST for non-U of T Students.
- Participants must stay clear of the ice until the Zamboni doors are closed.
- Participants must clear the ice at the end of scheduled time or as directed by arena monitor.
- No food, drinks, or gum on the ice.
- No figure skating moves (spins, jumps, etc.) outside of drop-in Figure Skating times.
- No racing, weaving in and out, or tag games.
- During Family Skates, beginner skaters and children 12 and under must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
Please review Varsity Centre Arena Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Varsity Arena, 299 Bloor Street West*
*Enter through the Varsity Centre Pavilion (off Devonshire Pl.)
- All standard etiquette and rules apply.
- "Family Skate" will appear on the schedule below when available.
- Children aged 17 and under must wear a CSA-approved hockey helmet.
- All children under 12 and all beginner-level skaters must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
- In order for children to be allowed on the ice they must be capable of standing in their skates - adults may assist them with skating.
- One adult may supervise up to three children for Family Skate.
- Review the access policies for Family programs prior to arrival to understand membership and day pass options.