Drop-in Skating: Leisure skating for skaters of all abilities.
Drop-in Figure Skating: is for recreational figure skaters who wish to practice individual skating skills, freestyle and stroking elements. Staff are on-site but instruction is not provided.
Family Skate: Come out for a leisure skate with your family! CSA-approved hockey helmets are mandatory for people 17 and under and strongly recommended for beginner adults. "Family Skating" is only available when it appears on the schedule. See below for more information.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities.
- KPE Staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
- Warm clothing, including long sleeve shirts, is highly recommended.
Skate rentals and helmets are available for loan during drop-in skating and Family Skate times. Sorry, we only have adult sized skates. Children must provide their own. Please note Skate Sharpening is closed for the fall and will return Monday January 8.
Skate Rentals: $3.00 + HST for U of T students and $5.00 +HST for non-U of T Students.
- Participants must stay clear of the ice until the Zamboni doors are closed.
- Participants must clear the ice at the end of scheduled time or as directed by arena monitor.
- No food, drinks, or gum on the ice.
- No figure skating moves (spins, jumps, etc.).
- No racing, weaving in and out, or tag games.
- During Family Skates, beginner skaters and children 12 and under must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
Please review Varsity Centre Arena Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Varsity Arena, 299 Bloor Street West
*Enter off of the Varsity Centre Pavilion
- All standard etiquette and rules apply.
- "Family Skate" will appear on the schedule below when available.
- Children 17 and under must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet.
- All children under 12 and all beginner-level skaters must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
- One adult may supervise up to three children for Family Skate.
- Review the access policies for Family programs prior to arrival to understand membership and day pass options.