YOUR ROLE AS A PEER MENTOR
- 5-week online training program (3 hours/week) to learn how to discuss physical activity with others diagnosed with cancer
- Following training, you will be matched with 1-2 participants (other cancer survivors) & discuss strategies to adopt and maintain physical activity (1 hours/week/participant for 5-weeks + 1 hour/week/participant of prep and admin duties)
- 3 assessments including questionnaires (20- 30 minutes each) & you may be asked to participate in an interview
WHO CAN BE A PEER MENTOR?
Anyone diagnosed with cancer who wants to help support other cancer survivors and who:
- Are performing ≥ 90 minutes/week of physical activity.
- Has completed primary cancer treatments Is willing to mentor 1-2 cancer survivors for 6-weeks.
- Has internet & webcam access
You will receive $15 for each assessment for a total of $4.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
CONTACT: EXERCISE ONCOLOGY LAB