Healthy, physically active older females and males needed for research study
Researchers at The Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education at the University of Toronto are conducting a study to determine how small bouts of activity may protect muscle during reduced activity
Who can participate?
• Healthy, physically active older women and men aged 60 – 80 yrs
• Not diagnosed with a chronic illness (e.g., Type 2 diabetes, thyroid disease, etc.)
What is in it for you?
• An opportunity to make a difference in the scientific community
• Compensation for your time
What is involved?
▪ 4 visits to our lab in the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport
▪ 3 days of step reduction (<1500 steps per day)
▪ 2 metabolic trials which include:
- Blood, breath, and urine sampling
- Skeletal muscle biopsies
- Measures of protein and carbohydrate metabolism
- Body composition assessment
Please contact the research team (ESPEN@utoronto.ca) for more information