Last updated: March 27, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
On March 13, 2020 U of T President Meric Gertler announced enhanced measures regarding the COVID 19 outbreak with the intention of interrupting the chain of transmission in the wider community, thereby protecting vulnerable individuals and ensuring that our health care system will not become overburdened.
Further to the ongoing planning around COVID-19 and in response to the March 17, 2020 message from the Provost, all buildings operated by the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education (FKPE) and U of T Sport and Rec are closed to students, members of the public, staff and faculty.
Below we have outlined how these changes will affect our sport, physical activity and recreation programs and services.
All University buildings are closed to students, members of the public, staff and faculty. All athletic, physical activity and recreation programs and services within these spaces are cancelled.
What is available to you?
- Sport & Rec staff will continue to provide assistance via e-mail. Please contact us at email@example.com. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.
- Follow U of T Sport and Rec on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter as we share workouts, tips and resources to help you stay active while our facilities are closed.
- Find inspiration for daily movement with MoveU Anywhere! Our MoveU team has created a number of excellent workout videos that you can do in your own spaces.
- Meditation is an effective way to manage stress and feel great. Our Diversity & Equity team is creating short videos highlighting mindfulness and meditation techniques you can incorporate into your life.
You nay also find these resources helpful:
- Locker clear out was scheduled for March 16th and 17th from noon to 7 p.m.
All lockers will remain intact and no locks will be cut. We will provide an update to all community members and students regarding locker procedures and timelines once the facilities reopen.
- Existing Sport and Rec memberships of non-student community members, will be extended for the length of the closure. As an alternative, members who wish to receive a pro-rated refund should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In light of the closure, we will not be processing the payments for community members currently on the monthly payment plan, starting April 1, 2020.
- For programs or services that included a registration fee for participation, that fee will be refunded in a prorated manner. We will reach out to those affected shortly and appreciate your patience.
For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.