African Black Caribbean, Latin American, Southeast Asian and First Generation students discuss undergraduate research with involved upper year student Mentor Navigators and relatable professors, librarians, staff and peers from a variety of disciplines. This event will include perspectives on: how to demystify undergrad research and why this experience is important for undergrads; wayfinding and support for preparing applications; and the demand for equitable access to opportunities. Bring your questions!
- Dr. Janelle Joseph, Assistant Professor in Critical Studies of Race, Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education and Founder and Director of the Indigeneity, Diaspora, Equity, and Anti-racism in Sport (IDEAS) Research Lab
- Dr. David Roberts, Director and Associate Professor, Urban Studies Program and part of a team of researchers in Toronto, São Paulo and Brighton UK to study the way in which Racialized communities organized to fill the gaps of government services during the Covid-19 pandemic, Building Back Better from Below
- Dr. Kris Sanghyun Kim, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical & Environmental Science
- Dr. Tanya Sharpe, Associate Professor, Factor-Inwentash Chair in Social Work in the Global Community and Founder and Director of the Centre for Research & Innovation for Black Survivors of Homicide Victims (The CRIB)
- Ketheisan Vigneshwaran, Career Educator, Career Exploration & Education
- Career Exploration & Education
- Black Research Network, University of Toronto
- University of Toronto Students' Union
Language: Conversation will happen in English.
Closed Captioning: Auto-generated captions which can be turned on and off will be utilized in this presentation.
Participation Expectations: Participants will be invited to join in the conversation by unmuting themselves and speaking, appearing on camera and/or typing in the chat, all of which is voluntary.
Privacy: Conversation will not be recorded.
Technology: MS Teams (Read a quick guide on MS Teams)
For accomodations and more information please contact:
Adonica Huggins (pronouns she / her, Black staff), Student Life Coordinator, Academic and Peer Programs, at email@example.com.