Want to set yourself up for success in your first year of university studies?
First year undergraduate KPE students are invited to join Know How 2: a four-part workshop series offered in Fall 2023 designed to help you excel academically.
Join us for in-person workshops on topics such as:
- Time Management and Scheduling | event ended
- Effective Study Strategies for Anatomy (ANA124H) | event ended
- Effective Study Strategies for Inquiry in Kinesiology and Physical Education (KPE190H) | October 5, 2023
- Developing & Maintaining a Study Routine | October 19, 2023
This series provides a space for you to interact with your peers in an inclusive and engaging environment, while obtaining the academic skills to excel in your first year. By attending this workshop series (minimum 3 out of 4 sessions), you will receive a notation on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
- Time Management and Scheduling in Your First Year: As a first year KPE student, the majority of your academic schedule is already chosen for you. How do you successfully balance your academic and non-academic responsibilities? In this workshop, we will discuss and familiarize ourselves with time management and scheduling strategies relevant to being a first year KPE student.
- Effective Study Strategies for Anatomy (ANA124H) – In this workshop, first year students will be equipped with learning strategies aimed at effectively studying for ANA124H.
- Effective Study Strategies for Inquiry in Kinesiology and Physical Education (KPE190H) – In this workshop, first year students will be equipped with learning strategies aimed at effectively studying for KPE190H.
- Developing & Maintaining a Study Routine – Studying crucially defines the life of a university student. So, it shouldn’t be a surprise that developing a regular study routine is of vital importance to our academic lives. This workshop provides you with practical learning strategies to develop a regular study routine.
Looking for Know How 2 Workshops for second year students? Click through for workshop details for Know How 2: Second Year Academic Success Workshops