Researchers at The Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education are conducting a study to validate the use of a non-invasive “breath test” to study protein metabolism.
Who can participate?
• Healthy females and males aged 18 – 35 yrs
• Are either on monophasic oral contraceptives (birth control) or have regular menses
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to contribute to our knowledge on protein metabolism across different activity states.
• Receive valuable information regarding your physical activity (e.g. steps and calories), eating habits (e.g., diet log analysis), and sleep data.
• 3-4 visits to the Iovate/Muscletech Metabolism & Sport Science Lab in the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport
• 4 experimental trials (2 in-person and 2 virtual sessions at-home) which include:
o Body composition and strength assessments
o Breath and urine sampling
o Resistance exercise
o 3-days of reduced daily step-counts (<2,000 steps/day)
You will be compensated for your time.
Please contact the research team (BTLP@utoronto.ca) for more information or to volunteer.