Last updated: July 22, 2021
In accordance with the provincial Roadmap to Reopen, starting July 26, the Faculty will re-open indoor and outdoor sport and recreation spaces and programs for limited services.
• The Varsity Centre Field and Track and Back Campus Fields are open for limited, registered outdoor programming and activities.
• The Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport will re-open for limited, registered indoor programming and activities.
• The David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic is open for scheduled appointments and will continue to offer online appointments as appropriate.
Note: Registered Sport & Rec program participants are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their program.
- Clara Benson building: Access through the Clara Benson building doors (KPE academic program entrance) is only available to KPE students, staff and faculty. It is the expected point of entry for KPE students. A valid T-Card is required to gain access. Shared spaces such as the Benson lounge, computer labs and lunch rooms are closed.
- Warren Stevens building (Athletic Centre): Access for Sport and Rec participants will be through the Classic Avenue entrance.
- Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport: Access to the building is currently limited to staff, faculty and KPE graduate students with an office or lab in the facility.
- David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic: The sport medicine clinic is providing limited service on an appointment-only basis. Access to the sport medicine clinic is reserved for scheduled patients, staff and faculty working in the clinic.
- The Varsity Centre pavilion is currently available only to coaches, staff and faculty with offices in in this building. The track and field are open to staff and participants in registered outdoor small-group activities. The arena is closed while indoor programming is limited.
All KPE properties have signs in place to address universal COVID-19 related information, as well as information about room occupancy, queuing and traffic flow. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with these signs when you come to our facilities – and please adhere to the guidelines outlined.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to all our facilities and programming. In doing so, we will continue to follow the guidelines for public health and safety set out by the City of Toronto and the province of Ontario, as well as the University of Toronto’s guidelines and protocols.
Further to the University's ongoing response to COVID-19 rental of KPE operated facilities have been cancelled until further notice.