In accordance with the provincial stay-at-home order in place effective April 8, 2021, the Faculty has temporarily closed all indoor and outdoor sport and recreation spaces and programs.
The Athletic Centre, Varsity Centre and Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport are open for select operations only.
The David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic is open for scheduled appointments and will continue to offer online appointments as appropriate.
- Clara Benson building: Access through the Clara Benson building doors (KPE academic program entrance) is only available to KPE students, staff and faculty. It is the expected point of entry for KPE students. A valid T-Card is required to gain access. Shared spaces such as the Benson lounge, computer labs and lunch rooms are closed.
- Warren Stevens building (Athletic Centre): Once indoor programs resume, access for Sport and Rec participants will be through the Classic Avenue entrance. Registered program participants are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their program. No change room access will be permitted (except for lane swim participants).
- Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport: Access to the building is currently limited to staff, faculty and KPE graduate students with an office or lab in the facility.
- David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic: The sport medicine clinic is providing limited service on an appointment-only basis. Access to the sport medicine clinic is reserved for scheduled patients, staff and faculty working in the clinic.
- The Varsity Centre pavilion is currently available only to coaches, staff and faculty with offices in in this building. The arena is closed while indoor programming is suspended.
All KPE properties have signs in place to address universal COVID-19 related information, as well as information about room occupancy, queuing and traffic flow. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with these signs when you come to our facilities – and please adhere to the guidelines outlined.
We look forward to a careful and gradual re-opening of our facilities. In doing so, we will continue to follow the guidelines for public health and safety set out by the City of Toronto and the province of Ontario, as well as the University of Toronto’s guidelines and protocols.
Further to the University's ongoing response to COVID-19 rental of KPE operated facilities have been cancelled through to April 30th, 2021.