Basketball: Come shoot some hoops and enjoy an informal game of basketball with our Physical Activity Facilitators.
Women-only Basketball: This program is open to female students and members to shoot hoops and learn new skills. Friendly staff are on-site to answer questions and provide instruction. Women-only times are available and indicated on the schedule below.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- KPE Staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Basketballs are available for loan at the Athletic Centre Equipment Desk and 2nd floor Goldring Service Desk. A valid T-card or membership is required.
- Follow the instructions of the Physical Activity Facilitators.
- During peak times, a maximum of 35 players will be permitted on each court at a time.
- Drop in basketball games will last 7 minutes, or 9 points, whichever comes first.
- Winning team remains on the court, losing team goes back in the queue.
- The person that is fouled calls the foul.
- Wait on the bench or sidelines for your turn on the court.
- Demonstrate fair play at all times.
- Be inclusive of all who are waiting to play.
- Treat all players, staff and the facility with respect.
- Use appropriate language all times.
- Display appropriate identification upon request.
- Etiquette Rules of the Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre must be followed at all times.
- Failure to do so will result in immediate removal from the facility, and possible suspension of membership privileges.
Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities and the Kimel Family Field House Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
Athletic Centre, (AC) 55 Harbord St
FH 1 = Field House East side
FH 2 =Field House North side
FH 3 = Field House South side
FH 2/3 = Field House both
FH 4 = Field House West side
SG = Sports Gym
Goldring Centre (GC) for High Performance Sport, 100 Devonshire Place
Kimel Family Field House FH S = South Court FH N = North Court