U of T students and members can book badminton, squash, table tennis and tennis courts online at recreation.utoronto.ca. Bookings will only be available online. All members and students have 4-day advance booking, online bookings open at 10pm. All individuals are limited to two bookings per 4-day window.
COURT CHECK-IN PROCEDURES:
When you enter the facility, you must ask the staff at the turnstiles to check you in for your court booking.
Scanning your membership or T-card does not check you in for your court automatically. You are expected to be on the court within 10 minutes of the start of your court time to be counted as present. Staff may ask to see your card for spot checks.
All members and students are required to check in for their court bookings at the Athletic Centre equipment counter (at the turnstiles). When scanning your membership/TCard to enter the facility please ask the staff working the counter to check you in on the computer for your court booking. They must press a button on the screen to check you in, it is not automatic!
Individuals who do not check in for their court will be counted as a no-show. 3 “no-shows” will result in loss of booking privileges for a period of one month. Continued non check-ins will result in longer suspension time periods.
If you have not shown up by 10 minutes past the start time of the booking you forfeit the court. Late arrivals are counted as no-shows.
You must be available on the court during your timeslot, with your T-card. You may be asked to show it for spot checks.
Booking of courts for others is not permitted.
Members are asked to cancel their bookings (online or in person) in advance to allow others to book the courts.
If you want to book a court online follow these steps:
1. Go to recreation.utoronto.ca and click on the court reservation icon.
2. Please sign in using your credentials: students, faculty and staff will use the long blue UTORid button to login; community and alumni members will use their account credentials.
3. From the menu on the left side of the screen - choose the type of court you would like to book: Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis, or Badminton. Ensure you are choosing the courts labeled as AC-Sport&Rec.
4. When the courts are available a clickable "Reserve" button will appear under a specific court number. Click on "Reserve" on the time and court you want to reserve.
5. Click the "Reserve Now" button that pops up. Your booking is complete and you will be sent an email confirmation to the email address on your account.
If you wish to cancel your court booking follow these steps:
1. While signed in to recreation.utoronto.ca click your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. In the drop down menu that appears choose "Profile".
3. Choose "Court Bookings" from the left hand menu.
4. Locate the booking you wish to cancel from the list and press the "Cancel" button.
5. Click on the "Remove Booking" button on the resulting pop-up.
Participants are asked to wear comfortable athletic attire while joining in drop-in activities. Athletic shoes with non-marking soles are required in all drop-in activity areas.
- Closed-toed, activity-appropriate footwear is required. Please make sure shoes are free of debris before entering the facility.
- Socks, barefoot and back-less shoes will not be allowed at anytime.
- A shirt is required during all drop-in activities.
- Jeans and dress pants are not permitted.
- KPE Staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Badminton racquets and shuttles are available for rent at the Athletic Centre Equipment Desk for $2.00 + HST.
1. Games are limited to a maximum of a 3 on 3 game.
2. Round Robin games are not allowed, so there should be no more than 6 people using a court at once.
3. No playing between courts or on the sidelines
4. Bags are to be left in the changerooms downstairs and not brought up to the gym space
5. Players should only enter the gym shortly before their scheduled booking
Please review the Athletic Centre Field House Rights and Responsibilities before participating in drop-in programs.
The Athletic Centre reserves the right to cancel court bookings at any time. Please note: badminton court availability is extremely limited and bookings fill up quickly. Typically, more court space is available in September, December, January and May - June.
|Badminton Anticipated Schedule to August 18, 2019|