The faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Toronto is conducting a study to determine the effect of amino acids on muscle protein synthesis and muscle recovery after resistance exercise.
What's in it for you?
- Body composition and fitness assessment (strength test) using modern technology
- An opportunity to make a difference in the scientific community
- Compensation for your time
Who can participate?
Healthy, recreationally-active, males, ages 18-35 years, with no lower leg exercises within the past 6 months.
Visit 1: Goldring Centre within the Univ. of Toronto, St. George campus (~1.5 h)
Introduction and Activity / Health Questionnaires
Visit 2: Goldring Centre within the Univ. of Toronto, St. George campus (~1.5 h)
Body composition assessment and strength test
Controlled diet and exercise trials
- Controlled diet for 7 days
- Resistance exercise
- Test drink (amino acids or placebo, 3 times/day, for 4 days)
- Daily performance tests at Goldring Centre (8 visits)
- Muscle biopsy (4 times), blood sampling (17 times)
Please feel free to contact the Lovate/Muscletech lab (with the subject heading "LEAA study") below with questions you may have concerning the study and possible participation: email@example.com
Dr. Daniel Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org