The Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Toronto is conducting a study to determine the effect of dietary protein and resistance exercise on muscle protein synthesis and muscle recovery.
What's in it for you?
- Body composition and fitness assessment (strength test) using modern technology
- Financial compensation for your time
Who can participate?
- Healthy, recreationally-active men, aged 18-35 years
- Visit 1: Introduction and activity/health questionnaires
- Visit 2: Body composition assessment, strength training
- Visit 3: Experimental trial (~8 hours; length of a standard work day
- Randomized to one experimental trial group (Rested, Feeding, or Exercise+Feeding)
- Test drink (protein and carbohydrate)
- Blood, urine, and breath sampling
- Muscle biopsies
Where is the study conducted?
All procedures are conducted at the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport
Please feel free to contact Michael Mazzulla in the Iovate/Muscletech lab (with the subject heading ‘Protein and Exercise Study’) below with questions you may have concerning the study and possible participation: email@example.com