The Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education at the University of Toronto is conducting a study to determine the effect of dietary protein and resistance exercise on whole-body and muscle protein synthesis.
How can you benefit?
- Strength testing and body composition analysis using modern technology
- Financial compensation for your time
Who can participate?
- Healthy, recreationally-active men, aged 18-35 years
- Visit 1: Introduction to study procedures and informed consent
- Visit 2: Strength testing and body composition analysis
- Visit 3 & 4: Experimental trials
- Randomized to one experimental trial group: Rest, Fed, or Exercise-Fed
- Test drink including protein and carbohydrate
- Blood, urine, and breath sampling
- Muscle biopsies only during Visit 3
Where is the study conducted?
All procedures are conducted at the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport
Please feel free to contact Michael Mazzulla in the Iovate/Muscletech lab (with the subject heading ‘Protein and Exercise Study’) below with questions you may have concerning the study and possible participation: email@example.com