The Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education at the University of Toronto is conducting a study to determine the effect of prolonged resistance training on muscle adaptations in females.
Who can participate?
- Healthy, recreationally active, females, between the ages of 18-30
- No whole-body resistance exercises within the last three months
What’s in it for you?
- Supervised 8-wk whole-body resistance training
- PRE/POST body composition and fitness testing
- Compensation for your time
- Session 1: Introduction and activity/health questionnaires (~1h)
- Session 2: PRE Fitness assessment (~2h)
- Session 3: PRE Exercise trial (5-d)*
- Session 4: Resistance exercise training (3 x ~1h over 8 weeks)
- Session 5: POST Exercise trial (5-d)*
- Session 6: POST Fitness assessment (~2h)
*Exercise trials will last over 5 consecutive days with a total time commitment of ~6.5h. Over the course of the 5 days we will provide you with a controlled diet, and both muscle biopsies (6 total) and blood draws (8 total) will occur during these trials.
Please contact Julia Malowany (firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “TUTF”) a part of the Iovate/Muscletech Metabolism and Sports Science Lab with any questions you may have concerning the study and your possible participation.