Last updated: June 26, 2020
In keeping with the university’s evolving response to COVID-19, significant changes have been applied to the operations of the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education. This includes U of T Sport & Rec programming.
All buildings operated by the Faculty will be closed to the general public, students, staff and faculty until the end of August. Deliveries are not being accepted. Rentals have been cancelled through to August 31, 2020.
All buildings operated by the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education and U of T Sport & Rec are closed to students, members of the public, staff and faculty until further notice.
Stay active and well! What is available to you?
- Get moving with #UTRAIN: daily live and on-demand workouts that you can do wherever you are. Stream the workouts on Instagram Live or on Zoom and sweat with us!
- Move to grow! Try the Junior Blues: Move & Groove program of weekly online physical activity sessions designed just for kids!
- Find inspiration for daily movement with MoveU Anywhere. Our MoveU team has created a number of practical exercise videos that you can do in your own spaces.
- Play for glory and a coveted intramural championship t-shirt in our intramural esports league. Battle it out with your favourite players in NBA 2K20, FIFA 20, NHL 20 and Madden NFL 20. Open to all U of T students.
- Follow U of T Sport and Rec on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter as we share updates, tips and resources to help you stay active while our facilities are closed.
The following programs will not be offered for this summer:
- All Camp U of T programs
- All in-person Junior Blues programs
- All Varsity Blues High Performance Academies
- All registered instruction classes (e.g. swimming, gymnastics, etc.)
- All in-person U of T Intramural leagues and tournaments
- All competitive clubs
Given the continued emergency measures in place across Ontario and the indefinite nature of the COVID-19 situation, U of T has cancelled fall term programming for;
- Varsity sport provincial and national competition and sanctioned events
- Sport & Rec clubs
- Most intramural sport programs
- Tri-campus league.
At this time, this decision only applies to the fall term. The University will confirm the status of the winter season later in the fall.
Your locker contents are safe and will remain secured until after our buildings reopens.
- Refunds of registration fees will be provided for all cancelled summer programs operated by U of T Sport & Rec.
- We will be issuing refunds via cheque delivered to the mailing address on file. Unfortunately, we are unable to process refunds directly to credit or debit cards.
- At no time will U of T Sport & Rec staff ask you for any credit or debit card details, by phone or by e-mail.
- By now, our customer service staff have endeavoured to reach all registrants by phone in order to confirm and process refunds. If you have not yet received your refund and/or have other questions about a refund, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you have questions about cancelled programs, our customer service staff are available to provide assistance via e-mail. Please contact us at email@example.com. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.
- Members are invited to contact us to receive a pro-rated refund of membership fees. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payments for community members on the monthly payment plan were suspended as of April 1, 2020 and will remain so until further notice.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.