Last updated: June 1, 2020
Starting June 1, students and U of T Sport & Rec members will have the opportunity to go online to schedule a time in June for curbside pick up of personal items left in Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre lockers when buildings closed mid-March. The first pick up date will be Friday, June 5. Scheduling details are provided below.
All buildings operated by the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education and U of T Sport & Rec are closed to students, members of the public, staff and faculty until further notice.
The following programs will not be offered for this summer
- All Camp U of T programs
- All Junior Blues programs
- All Varsity Blues High Performance Academies
- All registered instruction classes (e.g. swimming, gymnastics, etc.)
- All U of T Intramurals leagues and tournaments
- All competitive clubs
- Refunds of registration fees will be provided for all cancelled summer programs operated by U of T Sport & Rec.
- We will be issuing refunds via cheque delivered to the mailing address on file. Unfortunately, we are unable to process refunds directly to credit or debit cards.
- In the coming days, a member of our Sport & Rec customer service team may reach out to you by telephone or e-mail to confirm your mailing address. They will verify your identity using a set of security questions.
- At no time will U of T Sport & Rec staff ask you for any credit or debit card details, by phone or by e-mail
- Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to provide a timeline for the cheque delivery. We appreciate your patience as we work to provide refunds in a safe and secure way.
- Should you have specific questions about the cancelled programs, our Sport & Rec customer service staff are available to provide assistance via e-mail. Please contact us at email@example.com. We ask for your patience as we manage a high volume of inquiries.
What is available to you?
- Follow U of T Sport and Rec on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter as we share updates, tips and resources to help you stay active while our facilities are closed.
- Get moving with #UTRAIN: daily live and on-demand workouts that you can do wherever you are. Stream the workouts on Instagram Live or on Zoom and sweat with us!
- Find inspiration for daily movement with MoveU Anywhere. Our MoveU team has created a number of practial exercise videos that you can do in your own spaces.
- Students and members will have the opportunity to go online to schedule a time for curbside pick up of personal items left in Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre lockers when buildings closed mid-March.
- Registration will close at 5 p.m. the day before each pick up date to enable U of T Sport & Rec staff to organize belongings for pick up.
- Please have the following details ready when you log in to schedule a pick up time: Locker location (Athletic Centre or Goldring Centre), locker number and lock combination
- If you have not previously registered for any programs on recreation.utoronto.ca please consult our registration guide.
- Curbside pick up will occur at the Athletic Centre.
- You will be asked to show identification to collect your belongings. We are unable to release belongings to anyone other than the individual in whose name the locker was rented.
- If you are unable to pick up your belongings during one of the time slots initially made available, the contents of your locker will remain safe and untouched until further notice. We will notify you as new dates for curbside pick-up become available.
- Sport and Rec memberships for existing non-student community members will be extended for the length of the closure. As an alternative, members who wish to receive a pro-rated refund should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In light of the closure, we will not be processing the payments for community members currently on the monthly payment plan, starting April 1, 2020.
- For ongoing updates about the status of operations at U of T, please continue to check the university’s website.