COVID-19 protocols in place: Read our latest update.
Entrances to buildings have been modified to control access according to City of Toronto public health.
Starting in September 2021, memberships are required to access our facilities and programming:
- All U of T students who have paid KPE athletic incidental fees are automatically members of the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre and do not need to purchase a membership. This includes part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Access to KPE facilities for current U of T students will start on September 1, 2021.
- To explore and purchase a membership plan, learn more here.
Program Registration and COVID Pre-Screening Required
In keeping with recommendations from public health authorities, participants must:
1) Register for a time slot for their desired activity or programming in our facilities at recreation.utoronto.ca or check our website for specific programming registration links. You must register for your program or activity in order to enter the facility and arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
2) Complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of your visit before using our facilities. The pre-screening tool will be available online. Printed copies will also available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form. Please be ready to present your completed form (digital/mobile or print copy) when you check-in.
- Screening tool for students, staff, faculty and librarians
- Screening tool for members of the community
CANCELLING A Program BoOKING
1) Log in to your account at recreation.utoronto.ca.
2) Near the top right of the page, click on your username/email address, select Profile, then Registration.
3) Click on the three dots next to the program you want to cancel and select Cancel Registration.
Policies and Code of Conduct:
- All Sport & Rec participants/students must read and abide by the Guest Policies.
- Students must abide by the University of Toronto Code of Student Conduct.
The University of Toronto respects your privacy. Personal information provided is collected for purposes related to the administration of your athletic membership. We will send notices and communications related to your membership to the email address that you provided. At all times personal information will be protected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you have questions, please refer to www.utoronto.ca/privacy or contact the University Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Coordinator at 416-946-7303.
All participants acknowledge and accept the risks inherent to participation in sports and recreation activities. Injuries may result from one’s actions, or the actions of others, or a combination of both. Personal behaviour during programs and services should be conducted in consideration of other members and guests.
In case of personal injury or accident, facility staff should be contacted immediately.
AEDs (Automatic External Defibrillators) are available at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, and Varsity Centre in the event of an emergency.
Yellow call phones are located throughout the facilities that link directly with U of T police and should be used in the event of threats to personal safety and criminal acts.
Students, members and guests are not permitted to conduct or solicit any form of business within the facilities (e.g., personal training, private lessons).
For personal training needs, contact Douglas Rosa, Coordinator of Personal Training and Nutrition.
Photography and recording devices, including the use of camera phones, are prohibited in all facilities. Exceptions can be made only with advance permission of the Faculty’s communications office.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education has the authority to suspend membership rights and privileges when offending behaviour is exhibited by a member.
Offending behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- disorderly conduct,
- disruptive behaviour,
- persistent disregard of facility rules and regulations; and
- default in payment of membership fees.
Rule violations are dealt with under the procedures approved by the Council of Athletics and Recreation.
Membership Payments & Cancellations
Payments for community members on the monthly payment plan were suspended as of April 1, 2020 and will remain so until further notice.
NOTE: The Joint Membership program is not available at this time. Memberships are required in order to use our facilities this fall.
Full refunds are given upon cancellation of memberships within 10 days of purchase.
All membership cancellation requests, including a reason for the request, must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be provided from the date of the request minus a $25 administrative fee. To request a refund outside of the request date, valid medical documentation must be provided listing the date of illness or injury.
Cancellation of monthly-deduction memberships must be received a minimum of 14 days before the start of the next month. A $25 administrative fee must be paid to cancel monthly payments.
Please be advised that restricted or limited hours of operation for some parts of the facility may occur during exam periods, maintenance periods, and the holiday closures. While we endeavor to provide timely notifications, some unexpected service interruptions may occur. We do not provide refunds, membership extensions or hold.
- The use of day lockers will be available to all registered program participants. Please check with the facility for the latest information on day locker access.
- Locker rentals will be available for purchase in-person at the Athletic Centre and the Goldring Centre from September 7th at 9am. Check our Membership plans page for more information about prices and terms.
- In order to manage safe capacity limits, lockers can only be accessed during your scheduled program time slot.
- U of T students, members, and guests with registered program time slots at the Athletic Centre and Goldring Centre have free use of full sized day lockers. Members and guests must supply own locks.
- Day lockers must be cleared before the facilities close. Day lockers with locks remaining will be cut, contents removed and a $28 fee must be paid to reclaim belongings.
- Please note that belongings are held for 30 days after which unclaimed items are donated to a local charity. The University and Faculty are not liable for lost, stolen, or unclaimed contents left in lockers.
Want to rent a locker? Learn more about rentals and pricing.
Sport & Rec will not be offering towel services at this time.
Changeroom & Shower Access
- Members may access changerooms within their registered time in the facility. Members are encouraged not to linger and to please use time efficiently in the changeroom to reduce amount of users in the space at a time and to allow Sport & Rec staff sufficient time to sanitize between program time slots.
- Showers are available only to registered pool and/or program participants only.