Junior Blues - Fall 2021 Program Info and Protocols
Junior Blues is looking forward to providing participants with more great programming! We take great pride in providing children and youth with opportunities for learning the fundamentals of physical activity and sport in an inclusive and supportive environment that celebrates the unique abilities of each child.
Your child’s safety and enjoyment of our program are of paramount concern to us. Please read below the COVID-19 protocols that have been put in place for Fall 2021 Junior Blues programming.
The information below is essential information to create the best and safest possible experience for everyone. Please take the time to read through this information and keep it as a handy reference while preparing for Junior Blues programming and while being on campus.
Entrance: This will occur though the north entrance off Harbord St west of the bike racks.
Other key information:
- The gymnastics space will be sanitized between classes.
Entrance: This will occur using the glass doors beside the café at the Harbord St. entrance.
Entrance: This will occur via the south east doors of Varsity Arena.
Entrance and Exit
- Please line up in a distanced fashion at the appropriate entrance and go through a screening process.
- Once this is complete, your child will be escorted into the facility when they will meet their instructor.
- Masks must be worn throughout the entire entry and exit process.
- Parents will not be permitted inside the facility.
COVID safety measures
- Participants should sanitize their hands before entering the facility.
- Masks will be required during programming.
- Participants should bring water bottles, as the water stations are for refilling only.
- Equipment and spaces will be sanitized as needed.
- It is strongly recommended that participants use the bathroom prior to arrival.
Vaccination & Pre-Screening Requirement
In accordance with the Province of Ontario Passport Certificate Regulation and effective September 22, 2021, all participants accessing indoor sport, recreation and fitness facilities must be fully vaccinated (2 doses plus 14 days). The regulation can be found here.
Please note that all Sport & Rec’s Junior Blues indoor programming participants ages 12+ are required to show proof of vaccination and complete a screening on the day of your visit. Please review the details below:
Proof of Vaccination Requirement:
Participants ages 12 years or older in Junior Blues registered programs must be fully vaccinated – 2 doses +14 days in order to participate. Parents or guardians accompanying participants into the program areas must also be fully vaccinated – 2 doses + 14 days in order to enter our facilities.
Please be ready to confirm proof of vaccination on the day of your visit:
- You will be required to show proof of full vaccination and government issued ID on-site when checking in.
- If your child is turning 12 years old during this Fall term, you will be required to show proof of a 1st dose and a confirmed booking of the 2nd dose.
- When the Ontario government vaccine passport app comes online, you will be required to show your Ontario Vaccine Certificate. Note that no exemptions will be accommodated at this time.
Junior Blues participants must complete a pre-visit screening form on the day of their visit before accessing facilities. Parents or guardians accompanying participants into the program areas must also complete a pre-screening in order to enter our facilities.
The pre-screening tools will be available online or printed copies will also be available at check-in if you do not have access to the online form: Redcap Screening tool for members of the community
Please be ready to present your completed screening form on the day of your visit:
Please complete the Red Cap screening and be ready to show your screening confirmation on-site when checking in.
Thank you for your support in keeping our community and physical activity spaces safe for all.