Do you spend a large portion of your day sitting (e.g. at home or at work)?
You may be eligible to participate in a research study investigating how breaking up periods of prolonged sitting with short exercise breaks impacts health.
Who can participate?
- Adults between 18-35 years
What is involved?
- A total of 5 visits to our lab in Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport
- Body composition analyses
- Resting energy expenditure analyses
- Blood sampling
- Muscle biopsies
- 3 metabolic trial days involving either uninterrupted sitting or sitting with short (<2 min) breaks of walking or repeated chair-stands
You will be remunerated for your participation.
Please contact Dr. Jenna Gillen for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org