All applicants are required to upload one electronic or scanned transcript from each post-secondary institution attended.
Scanned copies of transcripts must be up to date and must include the transcript “legend” which is usually printed on the back of the paper transcript. More detailed requirements for scanning and submitting can be found below. The admissions committee will make its decision about your application based on this scanned transcript. Please ensure that the file is complete and readable before submitting.
The following option applies to transcripts from Canadian universities only:
In lieu of a scanned copy of a paper transcript, applicants may upload a PDF file of their academic history from their university's student web service. Printing to PDF directly from your web browser is ideal; if this is not possible you may copy and paste the information into a word processing program and print to PDF from there (or save as a PDF). The file should include the university's grading legend and your name. Some universities do not include the same information on the student web service as they do on the transcript (e.g. class size or average). If the admissions committee determines that the file is incomplete you may be asked to submit a copy of the transcript instead.
We may request you to submit an official, unopened transcript at a later date.
University of Toronto students need to upload electronic transcripts as well. They can take a screenshot of their ACORN academic record and upload that or copy and paste the academic record from ACORN onto a Microsoft Word and upload that document.
• Please scan your transcript in grayscale at the lowest dots per inch (dpi) setting that results in a legible document. We recommend 72 dpi whenever possible.
• The file must be in .PDF format. Image files, such as those in .jpg or .bmp formats, must be converted to .PDF before uploading.
• The file size of each scanned transcript file to be uploaded must not exceed 3 megabytes (Mb).
• If a transcript from a single institution has multiple pages, it must be scanned into a single PDF document before uploading. You will not be able to upload transcript pages individually.
• If your transcript is double-sided, please be sure to scan the front and back of each page.
• The transcript legend (usually printed on the back of a paper transcript) must appear at least once for every scanned transcript submitted.
• Scanned documents must be clearly legible and print on standard CDN/U.S. 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
• Do not upload a document that is password-protected or that contains macros.